I recently announced major Theta website enhancements in an issue of Theta News. Never ones to be idle, our IT team has continued to work on even more enhancements, a few of which I am pleased to share with you today.
As you review these most recent enhancements, notice that they include improvements to both the Subscription and Manager websites, thus making it easier to not only find and compare active investment strategies on the database, but also to manage your own strategies if you are among our tracked models.
Here are our most recent improvements:
* On both the subscriber and manager sites, we have upgraded our benchmark for the Barclays Aggregate Bond Index to the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (VBMFX). This replaces the iShares Bond ETF (AGG) benchmark which can drift significantly. We’re also proud to announce that this change was the result of direct input from one of our tracked Investment Managers.
* Another manager requested modification was to use the S&P 500 Total Return Index rather than the price index on both the Subscription and Manager websites.
* And yet another subscriber-requested improvement is to offer a 50/50 Equity/Bond benchmark in addition to the existing 60/40 allocation.
* Switching over to the Manager side, we have enhanced the use of our unique Guest Pass feature by allowing Managers to enter a date range to review.
Just as a reminder, here are all of the other recently announced enhancements to the Theta Research Subscriber Site:
• Complete Site Face Lift – Font sizes have been increased and color schemes standardized, making data and analytics easier to read;
• Enhanced Report Formats – Page layouts are now simple, clean and efficient;
• Faster Page Loading – Data retrieval and metric calculation speed have been dramatically increased, especially for models with long track records;
• Standardized Performance Rankings – All rankings are now based on month-end values;
• Daily Performance Still Available – For those strategies tracked on a daily basis, detailed statistics and analytics are still available on the individual program pages;
• Easy to Navigate Model Statistics – Tabbed pages make it easier to find performance and risk statistics for all models;
• Mobile Device Friendly – Now you can check in with your favorite Investment Managers and run ranking reports using your smart phone or other mobile device; and
• Expanded Analytics – Added benchmarks and statistical analytics are available to aid in evaluation and comparison of model.
We here at Theta Research are excited about our new, streamlined websites. The bottom line is if you are not taking advantage of Theta’s subscription services, you’re really missing out. If nothing else, the recent market volatility should convince you of the need for strategies with the flexibility to move in and out of the markets.
To learn more, check out our Subscription Page describing both our Professional and Basic subscriptions options. The bottom line is that you can have access to some of the most well-known active managers in the industry all for a cost as little as $195. So, what are you waiting for? The next market correction could be a real bear!
NAAIM SHARK TANK 2018 PRELIMINARY COMPETITION UNDERWAY
LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE
As we have discussed in previous issues of Theta News, The National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM) is again hosting its Shark Tank competition. Investment Managers wishing to participate, including those tracked by Theta Research, are requested to submit a written application to the committee for consideration to present in the finals at Uncommon Knowledge 2018, April 23-25 in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek.
GREAT NEWS … The deadline for you to file your application to participate in NAAM Shark Tank 2018 has been extended to Monday, March 12!
Purpose of the NAAIM Shark Tank Competition:
NAAIM Shark Tank was created to help NAAIM members gain exposure to new ideas in asset management and to identify and foster potential new business relationships.
Objectives NAAIM intends to accomplish during the competition include:
• To formalize the networking potential for NAAIM members
• To provide a structured venue for NAAIM Members to present strategies/models/signals to other members, managers and asset gatherers
• To provide NAAIM members exposure to new ideas in asset management
• To provide managers/asset gatherers opportunity to identify potential new relationships
Who May Submit an Application:
The application process for the preliminary competition is open to all trading and investing practitioners who have developed strategies with a verifiable live track record. Membership in NAAIM is not required to take part in the preliminary competition*.
Applications deadline - Monday, MARCH 12 Finalists will be announced: March 19, 2018
*Finalists must be members of NAAIM and registered paid attendees of Uncommon Knowledge 2018 to present their strategies at Uncommon Knowledge, Wednesday afternoon, April 25.
APPLY ON LINE AT: http://www.NAAIM.org
2018 NAAIM SHARK TANK APPLICATION
NEW Addition to the Winners Prize Package! The winner of NAAIM’s Shark Tank will receive one manager pass to attend and participate in 6 one-on-one meetings with allocators at the morning session of Hedge Connection’s Table Talks on May 2nd at 10 on the Park in NYC. You are also invited to stay for the afternoon session of Table Talks and the evening networking reception. The value of this prize is $2400. The opportunity to network at Hedge Connection’s Table Talks is invaluable!
So, what are you waiting for?
1) Complete the application on line at: NAAIM Shark Tank 2018 Application
2) If selected to present your strategy, you will be contacted by a Shark Tank Committee member by Monday, March 19 with further details about your participation in the competition.
3) Start practicing! You will be given 6 minutes to present your strategy to the audience with an additional 3 minutes of Q&A.
*Finalists must be NAAIM members and registered paid attendees of Uncommon Knowledge 2018 to present their strategies at Uncommon Knowledge 2018.
HERE’S WHAT PAST WINNERS SAY ABOUT NAAIM SHARK TANK AND HOW IT HAS HELPED THEIR BUSINESS ….
“I entered the Shark Tank for the 2015 competition. I had sold my prior company years earlier but had a non-compete until 2014 when I sold my remaining shares and decided to take my 12 year EVO trading system and track record to the Shark Tank challenge. After placing third, my assets began to grow substantially, even before winning the competition last year. Today our assets primarily through licensing, using just the EVO strategy, have grown to $370m. I have to credit my participation in the Shark Tank for the exposure in getting to this level.”
Rich Paul - 1st place winner – 2017
President, Potomac Advisors
“Winning NAAIM’s Shark Tank strategy competition has been invaluable on many levels. As a manager previously immersed solely in the hedge fund world, joining NAAIM opened several new avenues of opportunity I simply hadn’t been aware of before. Additionally, the community of fellow tactically-oriented managers willing to share ideas and resources was a truly welcome surprise. Without question, the Shark Tank victory has helped my business grow, and I believe that my continued association with NAAIM will only help further the future growth of my business.”
David Bush – 1st place winner - 2016
Managing Member, Alphatative LLC
SHARK TANK – INTENT TO APPLY
Please submit your intent to participate in the Shark Tank Preliminary Competition prior to submitting a video and full application. This information will only be used for the purpose of contacting potential participants with reminders or information about the contest.
Please place me on the list to participate in the preliminary Shark Tank Competition
I am a NAAIM Member
I am not a NAAIM Member. Please send me information about membership
Please print or type:
PHONE CELL PHONE
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT NAAIM SHARK TANK?
NAAIM Email/NAAIM News
LinkedIn Post, Facebook, Twitter
The Active Manager Newsletter
If you have questions, please contact Susan Truesdale at 888-261-0787