I recently wrote an article in Theta News regarding enhancements being made to the subscription section of our Theta website. We are now pleased to announce that these enhancements will become effective over the coming weekend of December 2nd and 3rd.
Note that these enhancements will only apply to the Professional and Basic Subscription services and not the Manager Site. The upgrade will occur automatically and there is nothing you need to do for the changes to take effect.
To recap, the subscriber website will be enhanced in the following ways:
• Complete Site Face Lift – Font sizes have been increased and color schemes standardized, making data and analytics easier to read;
• Enhanced Report Formats – Page layouts are now simple, clean and efficient;
• Faster Page Loading – Data retrieval and metric calculation speed have been dramatically increased, especially for models with long track records;
• Standardized Performance Rankings – All rankings are now based on month-end values;
• Daily Performance Still Available – For those strategies tracked on a daily basis, detailed statistics and analytics are still available on the individual program pages;
• Easy to Navigate Model Statistics – Tabbed pages make it easier to find performance and risk statistics for all models;
• Mobile Device Friendly – Now you can check in with your favorite Investment Managers and run ranking reports using your smart phone or other mobile device; and
• Expanded Analytics – Added benchmarks and statistical analytics are available to aid in evaluation and comparison of model.
We here at Theta Research are excited about our new, streamlined website and what it can mean for those seeking tactical investment managers and investment strategies. We encourage you to log into your subscription and check out the new look and feel of the Theta website.
Thank you for your business.
Theta Research is pleased to announce four new additions to our database of tracked models. One of these strategies comes from an Investment Manager new to Theta while three have been developed by Managers who already have active tracking accounts on the Theta database.
Vinay Munikoti, founder and owner of System Research, LLC of White Plains, NY is an existing Theta Manager. Vinay has recently established tracking of two new strategies named “System Research – Hydra” and “System Research – Index Trading.” Theta has tracked and independently verified the actual performance of these models going back to their common inception date of January 1, 2016.
Another existing Theta Investment Manager, David Daughtrey, CFA, CFP, founder of Copperwynd Financial, LLC has added one new model, the Monthly Rotational Strategy. Theta Research has independently verified the actual performance of this strategies back to its inception date of January 1, 2016.
A New Investment Manager Added to the Theta Database:
Our newest Investment Manager addition is Andrew Marshall, Founder of Andrew Marshall Financial, LLC. Based in Carlsbad, CA, Andrew Marshall Financial has established a tracking account for a new strategy named the AMF Tactical Trend 1 strategy. Theta Research has independently documented and verified the track record of this new model back to its inception date of January 1, 2016.
Theta Research is pleased to announce the new and improved version of the Theta subscriber database. Based primarily on requests from our users, the subscriber site has been substantially upgraded to make it easier to rank and analyze the tactical managers found on Theta’s database. Just a few of the enhancements made on Theta’s subscriber site include the following:
Complete Site Face Lift.
– Font sizes have been increased and color schemes standardized, making data
and analytics easier to read;·
Enhanced Report Formats.
– Page layouts are now simple, clean and efficient;
Faster Page Loading.
– Data retrieval and metric calculation speed have been dramatically increased, especially for models with long track records;
Standardized Performance Rankings.
– All rankings are now based on month-end values;
Daily Performance Still Available.
– For those strategies tracked on a daily basis, detailed statistics and analytics are still available on the individual program pages;
Easy to Navigate Model Statistics.
– Tabbed pages make it easier to find performance and risk statistics for all models; and
– Added benchmarks and statistical analytics are available to aid in evaluation and comparison of models.
There are two ways you can check out our website enhancements. If you are a subscriber at either the Professional or Basic levels, converting your subscription to the new version is easy, just follow these steps:
1. Access the Theta home page (www.thetaresearch.com);
2. Click on the “Profile” link at the top of the page;
3. Click on “Edit Profile” on the dropdown menu;
4. Set “Program Version” to “1” and click on the “Update” link; and
5. See the “Profile Updated” confirmation.
From there, just go back to the Theta home page and click on the Subscriber Site to access the updated version of the Theta website.
If you are not currently a Theta subscriber, you must take an alternative route to our updated website by requesting a demonstration of the site’s new capabilities. To access the Demo, go to the Theta Research home page at www.thetaresearch.com and click on the “Pricing” tab at the top of the page. Once there, you will find an explanation of the two different subscription levels available.
After reviewing the subscription information, just click on the “Enter Demo Site“ tab and you’ll be immediately taken to an example of our most current subscriber website.
While the real names of programs and Managers are hidden on the Demo site, you’ll be able to get a feel for the functionality and flow of the new Theta Database. You will also be able to preview the full range of reports, rankings and analytics, which are the same as those found in the actual database subscriptions.
If, after previewing the Demo site, you find that you want to purchase a subscription, just return to the Pricing page on the Theta website, click on the “Purchase Subscription” link and follow the directions to subscribe online using any major credit card. With just a few keystrokes, you can have access to some of the best tactical investment managers in the business, all with actual track records that have been independently verified by Theta Research.
New Manager Joins Theta’s Ranks
Theta Research is pleased to announce the addition of an options-based strategy developed by the man who literally wrote the book on the subject. Lawrence G. (Larry) McMillan, founder and principal of McMillan Asset Management has submitted his Volatility Capture – Futures strategy to be tracked by Theta. While new to Theta Research, Larry is a long-time options investor and wrote a book that many consider to be the “Options Bible.” Theta Research began tracking of this strategy as of its inception date of November 1, 2013.
Why You Should be a Theta Subscriber
We at Theta Research take great satisfaction in building adatabase of investment strategies based on tactical and quantitative models. If you haven’t yet subscribed to Theta’ database of active investment managers, here are ten excellent reasons why you should consider doing so:
1. Access to Investment Managers and Strategies You May Not Find Elsewhere;
2. Our Focus on Active Strategies Means Tactical Models Don’t Get Lost in the Crowd;
3. Early Stage Investment Managers Create Ground-Floor Opportunities;
5. Constantly Growing List of Managers Means a Steady Flow of New Ideas;
6. Third-Party Verified Performance Net of All Fees and Costs;
7. Sophisticated Online Analytics Allow You to Rank and Evaluate Performance;
8. In Some Cases, Ability to Reconstruct Historical Track Records;
9. Performance Updated Monthly, So You Always Have Current Data; and
10. Inexpensive and Easy to Subscribe,
To learn just how reasonable Theta Subscriptions are, see the Pricing tab on the Theta website home page. While there, you can also click on our “Demo” link to try out the features and functionality of the Theta subscription service.
Special Note - If you are a member of NAAIM or the MTA, annual subscription prices go even lower.